What is Yin & Yang The concept of Yin & Yang has its roots in Taoism, the first written mention being 700 B.C. in the...
Third in the series of Pranayama (yogic breathing) articles is the Kapalabhati breath. Not only does it energize the mind & body, but it increases lung capacity, removes toxins and stale air from the lungs and more. It's a lot more intense than either Ujjayi Breath or 3-Part Breath, so take care with this one and stop if you get dizzy. If practiced correctly and on an empty stomach, the benefits are varied and great. Kapalabhati (Shining Skull Breath)
Have you every held a sea shell (conch shell, specifically) to your ear and heard the rhythmic, soft sound of the ocean? The Ujjayi breath resembles that sound very much...and is soothing and deeply relaxing. This is the second article in a series of Pranayama (yogic breathing) articles.
Ujjayi (Ocean Breath)
- Eliminate stress, anxiety, irritation, and anger
- Reduce depression, insomnia and general fatigue
- Improve blood circulation, lung capacity, digestion & elimination
- Strengthen abdominal, diaphragm and chest muscles
- Strengthen heart and lungs, improve lung capacity